Yeah, it’s been a while since i’ve put anything here… but that will change today, with this quick update!! Enjoy!!
Yep, it’s the last podcast of September, just giving a few updates and keeping you posted for more in the future… Be sure to check out Brian Vander Ark, he put on a great show at my buddy’s house in September!!
Crazy times around the south of the USA – in this episode I talk about Harvey and Irma, and how Irma hit me the most – as Maria and I were just down there in Marco Island/Miami earlier this year.
Also, check out this article I found today, that helps explain why the monster water surge from Irma wasn’t as bad as the forecasters predicted, which is a good thing.
Back again, a month later, to talk about eclipse, my happenings, dragons, and the great podcast of Jaret Goes To The Movies! enjoy!!
Ok, made it back from Oklahoma safe and sound – had a great trip! This episode I run down the weekend, and also talk about the loss of Chester Bennington from Linkin Park… 🙁
here’s the link to the episode of Wander Radio where I took over back in 2007…
Just a quick episode before we head out for the reunion that is this weekend, should be a great trip! Also talk about what Maria and I did for our anniversary, and other great stuff to catch you up… 🙂
Back again for another podcast, and also some brief reminiscing about the old days of podcasting thanks to Wander Radio and his remix of PodPeople by Munk!
Still trying to do these at least once a week, here’s one for you! Talk about the tigers, a tigger, and my cruise (if I didn’t already?)
Yes, it’s another podcast – this podcast I discuss the Tigers Home opener, Music Trivia, and more!
Whoah, i’m back! just catching you all up on everything, hope to get more of these out to fill in the last few months!!
Totally impromptu meeting with the FCFCW and Freaky-Coworker! Ok, well it wasn’t totally impromptu… but we chatted for a while on the way back from lunch!!
So yeah, i’m back – for the moment anyway! Just me rambling, trying to catch you up – and even throw in a little “rant” about the upcoming USA vote for president… Maybe i’ll put more up soon, keep checking!!
So… I know I haven’t posted anything on this site in a while – been a busy guy. But recently I thought i’d post something non-podcast related, because it’s been on my mind since over the last 48 hours. What is that, you ask? The new PS4 game, ‘No Man’s Sky’ (NMS).
When this game was first announced over 2 years ago, I thought it looked cool. When I found out it was a game where you could go from planet to planet exploring and discovering, it grabbed my attention. When I found out it was going to be released Aug 9th, I decided that i’d pre-order and get it at midnight, if possible. That’s what’s I did… I went to the local Gamestop, got the game – and installed it as soon as I could that night.
I thought i’d just download the day-one patch, then hit the bed… when I found out the patch was less than a gig, I decided to play for a while… almost 3 hours later, I was hooked.
This game reminds me of books I used to read by Isaac Asimov, the Lucky Starr-Space Ranger series. When I went back to do more research about it, learned that in one of the books (Lucky Starr and The Pirates of the Asteroids) there actually was an unmanned survey ship Atlas, makes me wonder if Hello Game’s Sean Murray actually modeled this game a little after Lucky Starr himself… When I play this game, I feel like I am a space ranger, donning my space suit and discovering the universe – in hopes to reach the center of the galaxy! This game is beautiful, one that I can see myself playing hours and hours – and wanting to discover more.
I know some people expected this to be a huge multiplayer game, but with 18 qunitllian (spelling?) planets in the universe of NMS, how do you really think you will see someone?? With the 5-6 hours i’ve played so far, I think i’ve been to maybe 6-8 planets, and none of them have been discovered before… Who knows if I ever will find one in the next month or two.
Well, I could go on about this game, but I encourage you to research it yourself. If you’ve ever wanted to be a Space Ranger, this might be the game for you… I know it’s something i’ve always been interested in..
OK – I’m off to explore new planets and continue to find Zaldor’s World as a Space Ranger in No Man’s Sky!!
Yes, I did another Unpluggd show – check it out!
If you follow my twitter, you might have seen me mention that I recorded a podcast with my friend Emmitt for the Emmitt and Rick show earlier this week – well, that show is up now, and it’s perfect for you to listen to until the next episode of Zaldor’s World comes out! (which coincidentally enough, has Emmitt as a co-host!)
😉 Merry Christmas to you and yours – I know I don’t post many non-podcast things here anymore, but I should.
I had some time while I was setting up Trent’s new GP2xWiz handheld, so I thought I’d post something for you –
I hope that you’re having a great holiday time, and that you ring in 2010 on a happy note. Here’s to the holiday, and here’s to a great 2010 and new decade!
Well, I have been streaming live a coulple times but doing more short videos on YouTube instead! Check them out at YouTube.com and search for Zaldor! Might do some live streaming on Saturday so check back!
So I thought I’d take this time to tell you Seven Things About Me that you may not know. But first, the rules:
Here are the rules for my fellow bloggers:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
Now on the the seven things:
1) I really am not a big sports fan. Yes, I follow the Detroit Red Wings, and do enjoy going to a game occasionally – but it’s not something I feel I must do every possible moment.
2) I’ve been a computer nerd/geek since my very first video game system, Atari 2600, back in 1977. My first computer was a Vic-20, then Commodore 64, and I fought hard never to buy a IBM PC, but finally broke down and bought a 286 around 1991. Then I wondered what took me so long!
3) Although my surroundings don’t show it, I really do like to be clean and organized. Something i’m working on doing better in 2009.
4) I have very little knowledge of my family tree on my father’s side. After he passed away, I had little to no contact with anyone that is related to that side of my family. Someday I would like to find out if there are any living relatives on that side of my family.
5) I really don’t ask for help until the last possible minute. I really would rather do things on my own and i’m pretty stubborn about it.
6) The person I am today is vastly different than the person I was 10 or more years ago. I used to be very shy up until I was about 30 years old, and I made many changes since my 30th birthday to help reduce that. However, I still fall back into my shyness on occasion.
7) I usually don’t participate in these sort of MEMEs, but Terry is a childhood friend that I am glad i’m still in touch with. Back in my Blog hey-day in the early 2000’s I used to participate much more, maybe i’ll start it again though in 2009, who knows!!
Seven people I tag for this MEME: Aaron Bates (The Big Show), Matt (Redboy podcast), Mike (Most People Are DJs), Jim (Hello From Michigan), Derek Coward (Deliberate Noise), Jack (WanderRadio), Matt (Digital Detroit Radio)
This is a unique show – I just wanted to do a podcast tonight, so I sat down and pulled one song then started the show. I developed this show completely on the fly as I was doing it – and I had a lot to talk about. Reminiscing on the past, discussing the future, talking about my birthday, all my friends that i’ve met from this podcast – and more! No voice mails, but a lot of little IDs from a bunch of people and bands!
Some of the Sites/people/Bands mentioned: Les Jenkins/SEB, Trent (my son!), Trent Reznor, Mike Yusi (UC Radio), Aaron (Big Show), Moe Berg (The Pursuit of Happiness), Rise Against, BounceRadio.net (Live show on Mon & Tue nights!), Blogcritics.org, Detroit Podcasters Network, Chris (Collected Comics Library), MikeL OD (Most People Are DJs), Matt (Digital Detroit Radio), Terry Bean, Critical Bill, Cheri Arnett, Blind With Rain, Lizette&!!